Comment on page
How many players will you have today? Now you know. You can have players pre-register and prepay for your tournament. Tournament organizing just became "Easy Peasy," too!
- Click "Find a Tournament"
- Choose Tournament
- Click Register
When setting up your tournament toggle on Pre-Registration
Do not check players in until they have arrived at the tournament. Once checked in they will be live in the tournament.
- For any Singles style tournament, you can scan pre-registered players in like normal and they will automatically be checked in.
- For a set teams tournament, there are two ways to check people in (shown below).
Here are the two ways you can check in singles and set teams at your event:
- 1.With Admin Interface:
2. On Check-in Screen:
The key to a successful pre-registration is sharing your tournament with prospective players, members of your league, an email list from previous tournaments, friends and family, social media, etc.
If you choose to accept payment as part of pre-registration, you can accept tournament fees via PayPal or any major credit card.
- 1.Click on "Run a Tournament" then click on the Settings tab on the top right. When the sub menu comes up, click Accept Payments. You will need to verify your phone number and email and then connect your PayPal account.
2. Make sure you use this sequence when connecting your paypal:
- 3.Default currency is US Dollars (edit here as needed)
3. Once Paypal is set up, you will be able to choose payment acceptance as part of tournament setup.
4. If payments are set to "Optional or Required," you’ll see a new "PayPal Transactions" section under the Players/Teams sections in the app. It will show how many transactions you’ve received, total amount received, and detail for each transaction.
Each pre-registration payment will include a PayPal processing fee of 3.49% of the cost plus $0.49, and a Scoreholio handling fee of 2% with a maximum of $0.99. “Friends and Family mode” is not an option for commercial purposes like a cornhole tournament. However, you can preset who pays the prepayment fees (player or organizer). The table below shows an example fee structure with each option.
Note: The fee charges for smaller amounts will appear greater than larger amounts due to the 3.49% handling plus .49 fixed rate. The Scoreholio rates are 2% with a cap of $.99.